Customer Area: Sign In
Home Australian Customers City West Water

City West Water

Who we are

City West Water is one of three retail water businesses in metropolitan Melbourne owned by the Victorian Government.

We provide drinking water, sewerage, trade waste and recycled water services to approximately 276,000 residential and 31,300 non-residential (industrial and commercial) customers in Melbourne's Central Business District and inner and western suburbs.

City West Water's boundaries contain the local government areas of Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne (north of the Yarra River), Moonee Valley, Wyndham, Yarra and parts of Melton and Hume.

Our customers

Relative to the other metropolitan Melbourne water retailers (South East Water and Yarra Valley Water), we have a smaller customer base and geographic area, with a greater proportion of non-residential customers. These non-residential customers come from a range of sectors, including brewing, chemical manufacturing, oil refining, textile and automotive manufacturing.

Our residential customers are equally diverse, with 34% of people living within our boundaries speaking a language other than English at home.

What we do

Our core business is the delivery of drinking water to our customers and the collection of sewage and trade waste from our customers.

We transfer approximately 94% of sewage and trade waste to Melbourne Water's Western Treatment Plant. The remaining 6% is treated at our Altona Treatment Plant operation.

Recycled water is also a key part of our business. We are working on a number of recycled water projects which will enable us to deliver recycled water to our customers.

For more information, please visit http://www.citywestwater.com.au

 
Copyright 2012, Open Spatial Australia Pty Ltd